Sunday, March 02, 2008

Riley's First Dentist Appointment

Riley was, at first, excited about her dentist appointment. She became a little nervous when they called her in the office to see the dentist. She was such a great little girl. They actually had Dora movies playing for each chair. Hmm, I don't remember kid's movies playing when I was young and went to the dentist. Riley got a teeth cleaning. They taught her how to floss. Unfortuantely, the dentist said there was a concern with Riley and that is she has an underbite. You know, now that the dentist has said that, Jason and I have realized that, indeed, she does. After having jaw surgery myself and so many problems with my jaw, I can't believe I didn't notice that! The dentist said that there is nothing that can be done about this until she is approximately 6 years old, as that's the youngest that an orthodontist will see a child. Poor girl. Anyway, at the end of the appointment she got to go pick a toy out from "The Tower of Toys." Boy, was that exciting for her. I think she will very much be looking forward to going back to the dentist. What toy did she pick out? A ball, of course. I guess the ten she has at home just aren't enough!!


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Cindy Marchant said...

Oh what pretty teeth she has. She looks so tiny in the dentist chair.