Saturday, February 14, 2009

Opy

So Riley got this dress from GG. I don't know how GG does it, but every year she seems to buy something that Riley really wanted. We had, just a week before this, had a big meltdown in the store as I refused to buy her this dress. I had just bought her her Christmas dress. She made her choice, and that was it. Riley was so thrilled when she opened this. She disappeared for a while, then came down with it on and these beautiful princess shoes. She came over to me and said, "Look, Mom, I look just like that woman you like, Opy."

Jason and I were stumped and had no idea what she was talking about. "You know, Mom, that show you like; I look just like the woman on it, Opy."

Jason finally asked her if she meant Oprah. With great annoyance and exasperation she said, "Yeeeesssss."

I don't know why I couldn't figure that out. Silly mommy...

2 comments:

rustycupboard said...

That was great we all got a good laugh. She is so smart.

grandma Helen

Cindy Marchant said...

Ha ha. Maybe other Grandma Helen has ESP!! LOL!