Sunday, April 06, 2008

Eric's Birthday

I'm posting in blue as that was Eric's favorite color. I know my mom always wonders what Eric would be in his life right now, as do I. I believe he would have been a lost and waundering soul for some time. Eric was very sensitive and creative. Who could forget his crazy stories he would write, his intense anger when the TV Guide would be incorrect about its late-night TV lineup? He would yell that he was going to write a letter to TV Guide. Can you imagine a little boy yelling that he was going to write a letter to the TV networks? I believe Eric would have taken our family from "conventional" to "unconventional." Instead of doing what society tells people they have to do, he would have broken the mold and felt free to do what he wanted to do, however crazy and "unconventional" it might seem to some. I miss Eric every day, and like I always say, knowing Riley and Eric the way I do, the two would have been an incredible duo. Happy Birthday, Eric. I miss you so much, the late-night Christmas stories, secret eye rolls between the two of us, French toast, and the love for music I will never forget.

1 comment:

Cindy Marchant said...

Ohhh, what a lovely post, Shelly. I think you are absolutely right!