Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Just Another Day at the Ranch!


We had a great time in Idaho over Memorial Day weekend. As a little girl, I have many great memories of the ranch. It makes me feel so fortunate that Riley will be able to have some of the same memories. Wish Grandpa Zain could be here also, however. Part of my memories are of him coming home from logging. I can remember the smell of pine and hard work on him as he would walk through the door, sit down on his kitchen chair, remove his boots and socks, and grandma would pour him a nice cold beer, and of course put just a little bit in the glass for herself. Then they would just talk about their day and just sit there relaxing with one another. When I was there, I would sit on the porch step eating my strawberries and cream that grandma had made me from the strawberries I had picked that day.

Riley had a great time driving the truck with papa, watering flowers, and many walks enjoying the fresh air!


Posted by Picasa

No comments: