Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Riley at 3


Riley is an amazing little girl, if I may say so myself. She is constantly cracking me and Jason up. She is very dramatic. This morning she said, "Mom, I'm thirsty; could you get me a drink of water?" I told her to hang on a second because I was putting the laundry into the dryer. She said, "Fine, I'll just lay here and die of thirst." I had never heard her say anything like that before. She's always that dramatic, though.
Here's an update on some of Riley's likes, interests, et cetera.
Sizes: Size 8 shoe, but probably really needs a 9. 4T clothes, but that also is getting very close to change. I can't believe how much she is growing. She gets growing pains a lot also. She currently weighs 40 pounds and is very proud of that fact. I'm having a very difficult time carrying her anymore.
Favorite Food: Macoroni and Cheese, please. She loves cheese. One of her favorite things is going to Central Market on Sundays because that's when they have all their cheeses out for samples. Also any fruit.
Favorite Toy: All of her stuffed toys. She keeps wanting me to reassure her that we're taking all of them when we move.
Favorite playtime activity: This is an easy one: she loves pretending. She'll give us this looooong scenario she wants us all to act out, like, she's the princess, someone else is the prince, (you get the idea) and she'll run out of the room leaving a shoe behind. She'll get all dressed up for this. She loves costumes, shoes, and jewelery. She loves playing outside with a ball or riding her bike.
Favorite movie: Any movie with a princess or an animal in it.
Favorite TV show: Dora the Explorer and Lazytown.
Little tidbits: I can't remember a time when I've picked Riley from daycare and she didn't have a flower that she had picked for me, a beautiful "sun flower," also known as a dandelion. Kristi swears she's going to be a horticulturist. She loves berry picking, also. I was really looking forward to taking her huckleberry picking, but unfortunately, we had a very poor year for huckleberries, so we stuck with the blackberries.
Riley loves little babies and whenever we're out and see one, she'll talk to them in this little baby voice that's hilarious. She still loves animals, all animals. We've told her when she's five she can have her own dog, and she's very excited to be five.
Riley is very hyperactive and talkative. She tells me these long drawn-out stories. She asks tons of questions about everything, even asking how the baby gets in the stomach!

1 comment:

Cindy Marchant said...

Oh yes, the lovely Dandylion! I can't tell you how many Dandylion bouquets I picked for Grandma!!! I didn't stop with just one, I had to pick a full on bouquet!! He he!

Mom